Building the real thing after static version

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Sat Jan 18 15:14:58 PST 2003

on 18 Jan 2003, Richard A Downing sez:
> This comes up so often in the lists, you *really* should read the Book
> and FAQ more carefully.  You have read the FAQ have'nt you?

>From top to bottom, but I misinterpreted 6.1 I thought it meant *after the
project was complete*.  Sure, once everything is in its place and the fat
lady is finished singing and so forth, the cleanup process should include
deleting out the source trees.  But I didn't realize that advice referred
to *each and every compile* for each package.  Now I see that if I hadn't
just read the explanatory paragraph and skipped the example, I would have
seen that the example shows just that: removing the source tree of a single
package immediately after installing that package.

{sigh} I wonder if I'm too old to take Ritalin for chronic attention
deficit...

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY