Help with cfdisk

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 18 14:57:33 PST 2003

On January 17, 2003 10:08 pm, schof at coyotehighway.com wrote:
> Thanks very much for your quick resonse, Gerard!  The "RedHat GUI Terminal"
> turns out to be gnome-terminal 2.0.1.  (The default terminal in my version
> of RedHat.)

Use a different terminal program.

I've experienced similar problems with Konsole when it was in "kde-2" mode.
When I told it to go in "KDE-1" mode, it worked fine with cfdisk. I don't
exactly know what the difference is between the two modes, probably a
different keyboard scancode mapping.

Every XFree86 installation has the xterm program installed. Simply start
'xterm' from your gconsole and cfdisk should work (make sure TERM=xterm or
even TERM=xterm-color so you can see colours).

A good terminal program in my opinion is Eterm. Much better than xterm,
konsole, gconsole or anyting else out there (though Aterm isn't bad either
but is hard to get compiled with recent GCC versions).

Of course, that's all in my opinion :)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org