Building the real thing after static version

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Sat Jan 18 11:14:01 PST 2003

I finally got to the point in chapter 6 where I rebuild gcc for shared
libraries (THANKS Greg S for getting me past the locale problem!) and I
have a trivial question... this section tells us to mkdir glibc-build,
which we did previously for the static version in chapter 5.  Is it better
to rm -rf glibc-build first so we start with an empty directory, or can we
just rerun ../glibc-2.3.1/configure on top of the existing configuration
files?

I suppose folks who panic at the sight of "Directory already exists" when
they run mkdir a second time probably shouldn't be trying this project on
their own anyway, but it might help to clarify that point.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org