Localedef errors with glibc-2.3.1

Peter B. Steiger wypbs001 at bornagain.com
Fri Jan 17 15:29:00 PST 2003

on 17 Jan 2003, Jim Gifford sez:
> Try this
> localedef -v -c -i en_US -f ISO-8859-1 en_US

Thanks!  I was poking around the source code trying to decide whether I
should just comment out the flag that indicates a warning was issued (which
would thus force it to continue thinking everything was OK), but if you're
going to give me the *easy* way to do that, I'll take it :-)

Unfortunately, no dice.  It claimed to write various tables, even gave
their sizes in bytes, but none of those tables actually got written.
/usr/lib/locale is still empty...

Anyway, thanks for pointing out what I should have seen when I paged
(obviously too quickly) through the man page for localedef.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org