Problems unpacking

Matijs matijs at hotfusion.org
Fri Jan 17 10:34:10 PST 2003

Problems unpacking----- Original Message -----
From: Cole, David
To: LFS Listserver (E-mail)
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 5:55 PM
Subject: Problems unpacking

First I want to thank everyone for putting up with me so far. You have been
very patient. I am now trying to unpack and install bash. I have tried to
unpack file bash-2.05a.tar.bz2 by running the command:
bzcat bash-2.05a.tar.bz2 | -xv
Per the instructions in chapter 2.
I get this output for every file in the package:
bash-2.05a/filename
tar: bash-2.05a/filename: Cannot open: No such file or directory
At end it says:
Am I using the wrong commands to unpack the files?

yep... :)

either use:
    bunzip2 filename.tar.bz2
and then: