findutils-4.1 compiling error

Arjan Oosting ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
Fri Jan 17 08:34:29 PST 2003

dirk wrote:
> Hi Guys...
>
> OK so it's not really an error.  But it will not build any thing in
> findutils either.  As far as I could tell all the compiles in findutils had
> this problem.
>
> I found out about this one as I was almost finished with LFS cvs of 15 jan.
> While building linux-2.4.20 I got complaints that find was not a command.
> What a pain.
>
> making install in locate
> make[1]: Entering directory `/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libfind.a', needed by `locate'.
> Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'
>
> If re run this compile several times now.  Where should I be looking?  Where
> should the rules be?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Dirk

Did you use the following configure command for fileutils in chapter 5?
CPPFLAGS="-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 -D_GNU_SOURCE" \
LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=$LFS/static

The -D_GNU_SOURCE in CPPFLAGS sometimes results in build errors on x86
when using an older glibc (see threads in lfs.dev). U should use the
following command in chapter 5:
CPPFLAGS="-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2 " \
LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=$LFS/static

Hope this helps,

	Arjan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org