findutils-4.1 compiling error

dirk dildir at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 17 08:17:50 PST 2003

Hi Guys...

OK so it's not really an error.  But it will not build any thing in
findutils either.  As far as I could tell all the compiles in findutils had
this problem.

I found out about this one as I was almost finished with LFS cvs of 15 jan.
While building linux-2.4.20 I got complaints that find was not a command.
What a pain.

making install in locate
make[1]: Entering directory `/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lib/libfind.a', needed by `locate'.
Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/static/lfs-packages-cvs/findutils-4.1/locate'

If re run this compile several times now.  Where should I be looking?  Where
should the rules be?

Thanks for any help

Dirk

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org