problems with chroot

Frank _dev_mail at web.de
Fri Jan 17 07:41:15 PST 2003

Hi all

I know, that this is no new question and I promise, that I read the
archives about this question. But after all, I did not find the
answer that would be able to solve my problem. Ok, here is the
problem:
After compiling chapter 5, which went through without any problems, I
got trouble with chroot. I am using this order:

cd /mnt/lfs &&
chroot /mnt/lfs /static/usr/bin/env -i \
       HOME=/root \
       TERM=$TERM \
       PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
       CFLAGS="-O3 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686" \
       CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS \
       PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/static/bin \
       /static/bin/bash --login
And that is, what he is answering:

/static/usr/bin/env: no such file or directory

It is there, in /static/usr/bin, not in /static/bin, and it is
compiled static but he does not see it. I tried it with update
instead of env, because it is in the same folder, and he found it. In
my despair I renamed env to update, but after that he did not found
it again. I am really stuck, because I dont understand the problem,
in no way.
I hope that somebody of you may have the all-winning hint.

Thank you for your help

Oh, before I forgot it, my base-system is a genuine LFS-3.3.
Thanks again

Frank
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org