Newbie glibc installation timezone problem

J_Man jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Jan 17 01:52:22 PST 2003

timbo wrote:
> I have recently finished compiling LFS however when i run tzselect command
> it cannot find the file for the timezone (Europe/London) that i select. I
> only have 2 files in /usr/share/zoneinfo
> iso3166.tab
> zone.tab
> Can anyone tell me what i have donr wrong?

It sounds like perhaps you missed the "echo cross-compiling no" line
when you did your glibc installation.  This is the usual cause of the
zoneinfo stuff not being installed.  Try just recompiling glibc again -
it should properly detect that you're not making a cross-compiler this time.

J_Man

--
I've heard it said that there are two types of *NIX admins, those that
have done something EXTREMELY stupid while logged in as root, and

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org