cant get lilo to work

Brian Shortridge bshortridge at tellumat.com
Fri Jan 17 00:33:27 PST 2003

Hi

Let me chip in here with a (probably useless) suggestion...

Please don't hit me if it becomes blatantly obvious that I've not got a clue
about what I (or anyone else) is talking about :).

A while back I had a similar problem to you when trying to install Red Hat
7.1 on my better half's PC... it would show LIL and freeze.

Eventually I changed a setting in the BIOS which said something like "OS" or
"Boot OS" or something to that effect to "DOS" (I had set it to "other").
Voila... it worked.

No idea why.

Brian

Notice:

This email transmission contains confidential information which is the property of the sender and if you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the return of the documentation comprising this transmission. No warranty is given by Tellumat (Pty) Ltd that the integrity of this e-mail has been maintained throughout transmission, nor that the communication is free of viruses, interception or interference. In no event will Tellumat (Pty) Ltd be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any reliance or use of this email, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise. Unless expre
ssly stated by the sender to be given on behalf of Tellumat (Pty) Ltd, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. Tellumat (Pty) Ltd disclaims liability for any unauthorised opinion or representation made by the sender on behalf of Tellumat (Pty) Ltd.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org