spurious 8259A interrupt : IRQ7 + motherboard

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 16 20:49:37 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:19:00AM +0100, Dan Osterrath wrote:
> No. The kernel prints this message when it receives a interrupt and does not
> know what to do with it as no device driver is listening for an irq 7 or ever
> initialized it.
>
> BTW: Theses messages are quite old. They have been generated also by 2.4.0
> kernels as far as I remember.

Then I guess the kernel knows what to do in my case...even tho most of the time
I don't have the drivers loaded.  Dunno, like I said, I'm probably just lucky.
And, no, I'm not a clueless idiot when it comes to this stuff.  I did say that
the kernel *should* ignore spurious interrupts, unless it threatens stability,
and I stand by that, no matter what anyone says.  (I also stand by the fact
that x86 architecture and chipsets are horrible and should be replaced by
something that isn't 20 years old).

anyway, I should probably stfu, before I get flamed to hell for saying
something stupid.

--
Registered Linux user 260206

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org