spurious 8259A interrupt : IRQ7 + motherboard

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 16 18:47:28 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:37:06AM +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> I think thats what the 'spurious' is supposed to mean, dude ;-)

I know that.  But the kernel should silently ignore interrupts from an
uninitialized device, and if it doesn't, they should fix it.  btw, it may
depend on the kernel too.  I use 2.4.18, and it works like a charm, no noise
whatsoever.  Hell, it may just be I'm lucky at this.

--
Registered Linux user 260206

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org