spurious 8259A interrupt : IRQ7 + motherboard

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 16 17:27:01 PST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:01:02AM +0100, Dan Osterrath wrote:

> > its (aparently) completely harmless, and often goes away altogether if
> > you plug something into the paralell port.
>
> What about disabling the parallel port if you don't have anything plugged into
> the parallel port?

Just build parallel port support in as a module, and load it when you plug
something in.  An interrupt shouldn't occur unless the interrupt is handled.

I have an xp1800+ too, with the via kt266 chipset, (ASUS A7V266-E board), and I
don't get this error at all, even when nothing is plugged into the parallel
port, probably because I have parallel support as a module instead of builtin.

-Justin

--
Registered Linux user 260206

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org