spurious 8259A interrupt : IRQ7 + motherboard

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 16 16:57:51 PST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:33:24 +0000 (UTC)
do3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de (Dan Osterrath) wrote:

> If you are in doubt, cou could ask Ian here. I'vre read that he had
> the same problem. Probably he could help you getting away this
> message. I only know that the message is harmless and can be ignored.
> Although it's disturbing of course.

Its hard to get a straight answer, but this one appears to be due to a
common 'skimping' on the paralell port controller, wherby a line isnt
pulled high/low, but left floating, which occasionally causes an
interrupt.

its (aparently) completely harmless, and often goes away altogether if
you plug something into the paralell port.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org