spurious 8259A interrupt : IRQ7 + motherboard

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) nicolas.francois at free.fr
Thu Jan 16 16:19:08 PST 2003

This is the message I got when I first get in my brand new lfs 4.0 on my
brand renewed athlon xp 1800. I ran a Mdk 9.0 for the installation, which
went fine. I compiled my old kernel, just modifying some hardware options.

1- I have a A7V333-X motherboard supporting an athlon xp 1800+. I noticed
the south bridge was not recognized. Do you have any advice ?

2- I get the title message on console. What is it all about ?

Thanks.

PS : Your job is better everyday, guys. The LFS book is great, the BLFS
one is becoming fine too. I'm a happy 3 years old LFS user :-))) Thanks
Gerard.

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS