Help with cfdisk

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 16 15:58:52 PST 2003

On January 16, 2003 04:52 pm, John Schofield wrote:
> toggles bootable status on /dev/hda1, while down arrow gives an error.
> I can't create or modify partitions 'cause I can't navigate to them.  I
> don't get this...I'm running the RedHat GUI terminal on a local
> computer, so there shouldn't be any WYSE/TTY/whatever configuration
> problems, right?

Yeah that's a pain sometimes. It depends on your $TERM setting.

What is a "Redhat GUI terminal"? Is that xterm, eterm konsole, gterm or
something other?

Either way, try this:

Open your terminal, whatever it is.
Run this: export TERM=xterm
Then run cfdisk /dev/xxx

It should work better now.

> apparently that feature's down for the count right now.

Yeah so we won't be holding that against you ;o)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org