missed some h/w... question about re-compiling

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Thu Jan 16 11:12:32 PST 2003

Am I correct that it is suggested that if I simply want to recompile to
add some more hardware support that I should backup my .config, run
'make mrproper', then restore my .config and proceed with a 'make
menuconfig'? Is the 'make mrproper' necessary? If so, why?

Also, when I add more support I intend to add a few more items as
modules and also remove some old modules. Do I need to 'rm -rf
/lib/modules/2.4.20' before doing a 'make modules_install'?
--
Andrew Davis

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org