Fw: , LFS up for distro of the year at linuxquestions.org

Jim Murphy friartek at stargate.chicago.il.us
Thu Jan 16 10:51:58 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:05:06AM -0800, Andrew Davis wrote:
> I have to wonder... is LFS really a distro? I don't think of it as one.
> I think of it as simply Linux. A distro as I understand it is the Linux
> kernel put together with apps, tools, & other bells & whistles. LFS, in
> it's basest sense, is nothing more than the absolute minimum software
> needed to successfully boot a Linux kernel.
>
> Nonetheless, I gave it a vote anyway... as if it wins, more people may
> hear about it and become interested, and more people may learn. :)

DistroWatch.com has it listed as one, should I argue with them?

	http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=lfs

23rd on the page hit list.

I guess it's all on how you view it.  When someone asks what distro
I'm running, I don't say "Jim's", but "Linux From Scratch" so they can
also try it out.  "Jim's" does have a kind of ring to it though. 8=))
If it wasn't for LFS, there would be no Jim's, distro or not.

Jim

--
 Jim Murphy
 email: friartek at stargate.chicago.il.us
 Linux - LFS/Debian/FloppyFW
 Reg. Linux User:  292089   --   Reg. LFS User:  6470

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org