Fw: , LFS up for distro of the year at linuxquestions.org

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 16 10:39:36 PST 2003

On January 16, 2003 11:05 am, Andrew Davis wrote:
> I have to wonder... is LFS really a distro? I don't think of it as one.

Technically speaking it's not. However, your end result, your own LFS system
could be viewed as a distribution (based on the LFS book) as you are free to
take your /mnt/lfs and copy it to other systems. Or not, but you still have
the capability of distributing.

But that's getting really into nit-picking. Then the linuxquestions site
should say "LFS Book based distributions". For simplicity's sake LQ calls it
an LFS distribution. It would be more politically correct if LQ
(linuxquestions.org) would have a vote for "best linux system of the year".
But oh well. They do mean it that way, they just use a term that's more
familiar ie distribution.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org