Make the LFS HD the master drive

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 16 08:46:18 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:29:42PM +0100, Martin Sand wrote:
> Hi m8s
>
> The key was to use this lfs, which was cross compiled for i586 for use
> in several installations.
> So I need to use this lfs master drive in several computers and I have
> to copy lfs on the
> original drives, which are actually slave for this operation and then I
> will re-master them. Therefore
> I need to install lilo on the bootsector of /dev/hdb
>
> Sorry that this was not clear and many thanks for the answers!
>
> Best regards
> Martin

Why don't you just make a bootdisk, and put the lfs drive on /dev/hdb
and boot from the bootdisk, copy everything over, and run lilo.  That way, lilo
gets put on /dev/hda, and you don't need to do any more voodoo to get it
working.  tomsrtbt is a good bootdisk to use.

Good luck,
Justin

--
Registered Linux user 260206