Installing network drivers needs kernel source...

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 06:14:26 PST 2003

Ok. I've grabbed the new kernel, 2.4.20 and compiled it etc etc and booted
in fine. Now when i try to compile the modules again, it gives me the same
error...seeings as all this is done via console, i don't know how i could
paste the exact error msg...usually i type it out off that machine, but
these characters can't be re-made...

Is there some way that i can copy and paste it here?

Out of curiosity, is there some command that tells you your kernel version?

Thanks.