dependencies in sources

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 20:42:09 PST 2003

P.B.Prabhuram wrote:

> Well , I have a question about dependencies in
>sources.  For EXAMPLE : I am installing from sources
>pack1. since it depends on pack2-dep , I install that
>first also from sources. then i install pack1.
>
>   Now when i make uinstall the pack2-dep ( only ) ,
>will it show an error saying that it is required by
>pack1.

Nope, pack1 will be uninstalled without problems. That is the beauty
(remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder) of LFS:-) Your distro
your rules: U don't need no crappy pkg-manager to tell u to install
sendmail in order to install fcron.

>If it does not , converting the tar packs into
>slackware format will help to resolve the dependency
>problem i mentioned above

Nope, from what I remember abt slackware, it does not handle package
dependencies.

The only solution is to come up with your own system for dependencies.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org