dependencies in sources

P.B.Prabhuram pbprabhuram2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 19:55:36 PST 2003

 We know there is no package management in lfs and it
recommends source packages.

 Well , I have a question about dependencies in
sources.  For EXAMPLE : I am installing from sources
pack1. since it depends on pack2-dep , I install that
first also from sources. then i install pack1.

   Now when i make uinstall the pack2-dep ( only ) ,
will it show an error saying that it is required by
pack1.

If it does not , converting the tar packs into
slackware format will help to resolve the dependency
problem i mentioned above

=====

P.B.Prabhuram

http://www.pbprabhuram.com