hardware detection in lfs

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Wed Jan 15 15:27:10 PST 2003

Just to jump in here . . .

Progeny had a tool called discover that provided some hardware detection and
module set-up. KNOPPIX, it seems' has avery good hardware detection tool, but
I don't know what it's called. I would favour these as they are Debian-based
rather than RedHat, like Mandrake, which also has some hardware detection
available.

Maybe someone with a bit of knowledge might look into these, and other tools
and write a hint about setting up hardware detection on LFS? When I re-build
my system, I'll be looking into discover but I barely understand how to set
up modules in the first place so I'm not a good candidate for such a project,
but I imagine quite a few people could make good use of such a hint.

Cheers,

	John Gay
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org