cant get lilo to work

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:23:55 PST 2003

Hi There,

I've got a fairly old AMD PC and the bios on that is not too hot. I had
loads of grief with Lilo to start with but I find that using "lilo -L" works
a treat.

Hope this might help.

Al

PS - I think your messages are supposed to be sent in plain text, rather
than html...

""dc_u"" <dc_u at webonline.co.za> wrote in message
news:000401c2bccb$c6979100$0101a8c0 at mshome.net...
hi, i've installed the whole lfs, but are now faced with a small problem: i
can't get lilo to work. i've installed lilo as the MBR, but all it does is
say "LIL" when i boot my computer. i have a extended bios program istalled
called ez-bios v13.73M because my bios dont support harddrives with more
cyllinders than 1024. i never had lilo on my system before because i use a
bootdisk to boot my mandrake linux. please help, because i would really like
to look at the lfs-system ive installed the past week.
dc

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org