Ext File System Creation

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 12:06:44 PST 2003

On January 15, 2003 11:20 am, Cole, David wrote:
> 1. Should I change to an Ext2 file system and if so how do I convert it?

It does not matter what file system you use. Just format it and mount it.

> 2. If keeping the Ext3 file sysem is not a problem then how do I create the
> file system in the LFS partition.

Use the mke2fs program to create ext2 or ext3 filesystems (see the man page
which options you have to use to create a ext2 filesystem). Another popular
filesystem is reiserfs. Use the mkreisefs program to create it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org