chroot problem

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 15 09:52:36 PST 2003

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:26:50 +0100
Marco Spatz <machiavelli178 at web.de> wrote:

> Hi!
> I am buidling the LFS 4.0 for the second time now, and again I get an
> error trying to chroot into the new LFS
> Error Message:
>
> -/static/bin/env    --login:     Not A Directory
>
> All bin files seem to be in static bin (checked it after every build),
> but it doesn't work!
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> THX,
>
> Marco

Sorry for the very late answer, but it is a problem that I saw a lot of times when I build LFS, and the problem is simply cut&paste.  I don't know why, but when I cut&paste that block of commands, there is additionals spaces between somes words. (I dont have any problem awith c&p nywhere else on the book)

> -/static/bin/env    --login:     Not A Directory

There is 5 spaces between "-/static/bin/env" and "--login" where only one should be there...

Next time, try to type it out and it should work (It works for me...)

--
Simon Comeau Martel
martelsc at videotron.ca
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org