2.4.20 and ali v and excelstore j360

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Wed Jan 15 08:34:54 PST 2003

Hi,

I have a new disc an ExcelStore J360 (60GB), this one is for playing games
(mostly win32) since the oter coloured-noisy stuff killed my
lfs-root-part, I seperated it from important data ...
Now I wantedt to have lfs there also, I build the system made my kernel
did the lilo and whatched the thing reboot.
Lilo works perfect (linux is default)
the kernel linux-2.4.20) booted
found cpu, ram, aladin 5, disc, cdrom ...
but when it comes to look for partititiones the kernel stops (zirp)
when I use a kernel without aladin5 support it works (slow due to lack of
dma ...) the other possibility is to go back to 2.4.18 (2.4.19 does also
hang).
I suppose a kernel bug in the aladin 5 or the dma ide or wherever since
2.4.19. Any idea?

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org