Bash Installation

h.pellarin at scito-security.com h.pellarin at scito-security.com
Wed Jan 15 07:10:35 PST 2003

hi all
first thanks for your support here that s nice of you.
i am a sys admin usualy work on bsd not unix and i like the idea of
buildin ur own linux,so i make a try.
everything went well till... the bash install
i do it from a mandrake 9.0
bfore install bash i got this:

[root at linsux bash-2.05a]# ln -s libncurses.a /usr/lib/libcurses.a
ln: `/usr/lib/libcurses.a': fichier existant.
[root at linsux bash-2.05a]#

and then i go into the bash dir for run:
./configure --enable-static-link \
     --prefix=$LFS/static --with-curses &&
make &&
make install

and then i get

<herve__>           *
       *
<herve__>
<herve__> rm -f shell.o
<herve__> gcc  -DPROGRAM='"bash"' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='"i686"'
-DCONF_OSTYPE='"linux-gnu"' -DCONF_MACHTYPE='"i686-pc-linux-gnu"'
-DCONF_VENDOR='"pc"' -DSHELL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I.  -I. -I./include
-I./lib -g -O2 -c shell.c
<herve__> In file included from shell.h:41,
<herve__>                  from shell.c:48:
<herve__> externs.h:163: conflicting types for `gethostname'
<herve__> /usr/include/unistd.h:734: previous declaration of `gethostname'
<herve__> externs.h:196: conflicting types for `strncasecmp'
<herve__> /usr/include/string.h:277: previous declaration of `strncasecmp'
<herve__> make: *** [shell.o] Error 1
<herve__> [root at linsux bash-2.05a]#
<herve__> ln -s libncurses.a /usr/lib/libcurses.a
<herve__> ./home/herve/scratch/packages/lfs-packages-4.0/bash-2.05a

so i though it could be cause of ncurse cause 5-2 is needed but i have
5-3 installed
what shall i do?
thx for your help

no-comp