libiberty and c++filt

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 16:21:24 PST 2003

On January 14, 2003 04:55 pm, Thomas Rausch wrote:
> I've build LFS-4.0-cvs. The files
>
> /usr/lib/libiberty.a
> /usr/bin/c++filt
>
> are in both packages (gcc-3.2.1 and binutils-2.13.2.1).
>
>  From which packages is which file to come?

The file from the package last installed is the one you want to keep. That's
how we write the LFS book. Right now that's binutils. If we ever come to the
conclusion that GCC's version is better, we'll take action to make sure GCC's
version is installed and not Binutils' version.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org