chapter 5 - gcc: echo > instead of echo >>

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 15:26:52 PST 2003

On January 14, 2003 12:17 pm, Antoine Leca wrote:
> Notice the >> becoming > ;-) The net effect is to clear the previous
> content of auto-host, in my case disabling the inclusion of stdlib.h,

And that's not something you would want to do. You also remove all the options
GCC detected that should be enabled and disabled. Without those, GCC will
probably not compile as it should.

Regarding your stdlib.h error: there are better ways of fixing that.
Mutilating GCC isn't a preferred way of doing it ;o)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org