Glibc 2.2.5 chroot build problems (LFS 4.0-rc1) (readlib.c: internal error: Floating point exception In function `process_file')

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 14:24:35 PST 2003

On January 13, 2003 01:38 pm, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> 	I can use 4.0 if it matters.  I picked rc1 as I thought it was the
> latest, or should I go CVS?

It's not actually. RC1 is older than 4.0. RC stands for Release Candidate.
Maybe we should just call them beta1, beta2 and so forth releases.

Anyways, the gcc fixinc patch was broken in RC1 but was fixed in 4.0. You
definitely want to read 4.0 as it fixed a number of problems.

Or go with CVS - it's the latest greatest stuff including Glibc-2.3.1 and
GCC-3.2.1

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org