Access to the news server

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 14:12:20 PST 2003

On January 12, 2003 01:58 pm, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> I didn't have to quit.  First off it was incredibly slow, and then
>
> $ telnet news.linuxfromscratch.org 119
> Trying 66.11.168.23...
> Connected to linuxfromscratch.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 quasar.highos.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.3 ready (posting
> ok).
> 503 Timeout after 10 seconds, closing connection.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
>
> Looks like a DNS problem to me.  I'll chase it up later.  Cheers

No it's fine. quasar.highos.com is the server's primary name (and
linuxfromscratch.org's temporary location).

It being very slow would cause the problem. You see it times out after a while
due to a slow connection. Try to traceroute the server and see where the
bottleneck is. Probably a temporary problem.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org