build is ready, how to repartition?

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Tue Jan 14 09:45:31 PST 2003

Blender wrote:
> Rainer Peter Feller said:
>
>>On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Blender wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>My LFS4.0 system is up and running! The book worked great! The only
>>>thing that scared me a little was configuring the kernel. Building
>>>kernels on OpenBSD is very easy and since that's where my experience
>>>comes from the kazillion options for the linux kernel were a little
>>>overwhelming. However I managed to get a working kernel the first
>>>time. I added some lines to my grub config (got confused by
>>>initrd.img, but learned it was necessary only on SCSI systems so
>>>skipped it) and now my LFS system is up and running. Right now I would
>>>like to get rid of the RH8.0 host system (after all that was the whole
>>>idea).
>>>
>>>I would like to have my system repartitioned. Is it possible to move
>>>files to new partitions, change /etc/fstab correspondingly and keep a
>>>working LFS system?
>>>
>>>Blender
>>
>>I would not move them ...
>>First copy and see if it works ;-)

>>CUH Rainer Peter Feller
>>
>>--
>

> DUHHH...ank you, of course ;)

There were some strings on this list yesterday under the subject "how to
make my lfs build my main system". I also have a RH8 host install and
want to make my LFS my main system. I suggest reading through the
archives for the subject line above. :)
--
Andrew Davis, Founder
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org