no files in proc

Blender blender at hotfusion.org
Tue Jan 14 03:35:14 PST 2003

Rainer Peter Feller said:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, P.B.Prabhuram wrote:
>
>> Yes i mounted the /proc regularly and also already
>> added the line in the fstab, But why dont files create
>> in it automatically such as /bus/usb  /driver /ide
>> /net etc for my hardware as  present in my host dist.
>>

>> --- Rainer Peter Feller <rainer at maren.desy.de> wrote:

>> > working.
>> > book

>> > create
>> > host
>> >
>> > hm ... have you mounted the /proc
>> > mount proc /proc -t proc
>> > the proc filesystem is a virtual file system
>> > produced by the kernel, you
>> > should not be able to create any file within the
>> > /proc dir.
>> > You should also have a line like
>> > proc            /proc           proc
>> > defaults        0       0
>> > in your /etc/fstab
>
> for /proc/bus/usb you need
> usbdevfs        /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs        defaults        0
> 0 in your fstab, "Support for USB" and "Preliminary USB device
> filesystem" in the kernel (not as module).
> the rest should be created if there is something to show

> CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Hmmm, maybe that's my problem as well. I have a USB mouse connected to my
system. I do have the above lines in my /etc/fstab but when I boot the
system it complains about /proc/bus/usb not being present (I'm at work
right now so I can't check what the exact message is).
Could it be that I forgot to configure something in the kernel?

Matijs

--
If it ain't broken, hit it again.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org