no files in proc

Rainer Peter Feller rainer at maren.desy.de
Tue Jan 14 01:37:21 PST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, P.B.Prabhuram wrote:

> I successfully created lfs system and it is working.
> I created it as per every instructions in the lfs book
> 4.0 .
>
> But i have one problem. There are no files ( for
> devices ) in the proc of my lfs. So how do i create
> these files in proc for my lfs ( as i have in my host
> dist) as i need them for my hardware functioning (
> with my /dev )

hm ... have you mounted the /proc
mount proc /proc -t proc
the proc filesystem is a virtual file system produced by the kernel, you
should not be able to create any file within the /proc dir.
You should also have a line like
proc            /proc           proc            defaults        0       0
in your /etc/fstab

CUH Rainer Peter Feller

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org