Glibc 2.2.5 chroot build problems (LFS 4.0-rc1) (readlib.c: internal error: Floating point exception In function `process_file')

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at neutronstar.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 12:38:38 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 18:00, Chris Lingard wrote:
> Sequeira, Tony wrote:
>
> > Base system:  Debian Woody
> > LSF Build             4.0-rc1
>
> This is not a good system to build, have a look at the book and see
> if you can upgrade the odd package that may have been upgraded.

	I can use 4.0 if it matters.  I picked rc1 as I thought it was the
latest, or should I go CVS?

> > Chapter 5.
> > All goes well except for a glitch with building GCC, which I sorted,
> > the fixinc patch had a couple of problems (no tabs and one line broken
> > into 2)
>
> For the reason above, you might be best to download fresh patches
> unless you are certain that your edit was correct.  The patches are
> small and download quickly.

	The patch applied correctly, I believe, I may download the patch and
try.

> > -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic   -D_LIBC_REENTRANT
> > -include ../include/libc-symbols.h     -o
> > /usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o
> > readlib.c: In function `process_file':
> > readlib.c:171: internal error: Floating point exception
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
> > make[2]: *** [/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-2.2.5/elf'
> > make[1]: *** [elf/subdir_lib] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-2.2.5'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> This may be a hardware glitch, have you tried deleting
> /usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o (f it exists)
> then repeating the make command.
>
> Chris

	Thanks for your feedback, I will retry 4.0 and see what happens.

> PS
> Instead of spending your £5, see www.stockwith.co.uk/iso

	Thanks for thst, I will remember it.  I will try 4.0 before
bothering Chris.

--
S. A. Sequeira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org