Bash Installation

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 11:32:42 PST 2003

""Cole, David"" <coled at casady.org> wrote in message
news:EBDB09A62F426441B556FBF7B9CB5C0A4A37C5 at cobra.casadyschools.com...
>My problem is that my command input looks like this:
>[lfs at localhost lfs]$ ./configure --enable-static-link \
>>   --prefix=$LFS/static --with-curses &&
>>make &&
>>make install
>And my output looks like this
>bash ./configure: No such file or directory
>What am I doing or what have I do wrong to get this output and how do I fix
it?

You need to cd into the directory where the source tarball got extracted to
(should be bash-2.05a) - ./configure means "run the script/executable called
configure that is in the current directory".  If you do an "ls" from your
current directory ("lfs" from your output above) you'll see why you got that
error message ('configure' isn't there is it?).

Matt.

PS: Please could you set your email client to not post in HTML, thanks.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org