Bash Installation

Cole, David coled at casady.org
Mon Jan 13 11:02:58 PST 2003

Hello,
My name is David and I am trying to learn the nuts and bolts of linux because we have a linux firewall where I work and it will eventually be up to me to take care of it. I am a Windoze user and this is the first time I have ever used Linux. I am having a problem installing Bash

My system: Dell Optiplex GX1 450Mhz, 256RAM.
It is configured with 4 partitions. 1st is RHL 8.0, 2nd is Swap file, 3rd is Var, 4th is for the LFS system to be built on.
I have followed the books instructions to the letter.

My problem is that my command input looks like this:
[lfs at localhost lfs]$ ./configure --enable-static-link \

>   --prefix=$LFS/static --with-curses &&

>make &&

>make install
And my output looks like this
bash ./configure: No such file or directory
What am I doing or what have I do wrong to get this output and how do I fix it?
Thanks