Glibc 2.2.5 chroot build problems (LFS 4.0-rc1) (readlib.c: inter nal error: Floating point exception In function `process_file')

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 10:00:23 PST 2003

Sequeira, Tony wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First, please excuse the bumph at the end of the email,
> there is nothing I can do about it.
>
> Base system:  Debian Woody
> LSF Build             4.0-rc1

This is not a good system to build, have a look at the book and see
if you can upgrade the odd package that may have been upgraded.

> CDROM bought from Linux Emporium (www.linuxemporium.co.uk), as I do
> not have a cheap/fast internet connection at home.
>
> Chapter 5.
> All goes well except for a glitch with building GCC, which I sorted,
> the fixinc patch had a couple of problems (no tabs and one line broken
> into 2)

For the reason above, you might be best to download fresh patches
unless you are certain that your edit was correct.  The patches are
small and download quickly.

> -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic   -D_LIBC_REENTRANT
> -include ../include/libc-symbols.h     -o
> /usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o
> readlib.c: In function `process_file':
> readlib.c:171: internal error: Floating point exception
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[2]: *** [/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-2.2.5/elf'
> make[1]: *** [elf/subdir_lib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-2.2.5'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

This may be a hardware glitch, have you tried deleting
/usr/src/tarballs/glibc-build/elf/readlib.o (f it exists)
then repeating the make command.

Chris

PS
Instead of spending your £5, see www.stockwith.co.uk/iso