Make the LFS HD the master drive

Eric T. Miller emiller at techskills.com
Mon Jan 13 09:59:01 PST 2003

>How is it possible to let lilo write the bootloader into the /dev/hdb1 ?!
>Is it lilo -b /dev/hdb1 or lilo -U /dev/hdb1 ?!
>After I have a bootloader on this harddrive I will re-configure the
harddrive to be master, so that my lfs is on the first >ide drive.

Its lilo -b /dev/hdb1, or boot=/dev/hdb1 in lilo.conf

man lilo and man lilo.conf for more info and desc of -U

>Another way could be to have re-configured /dev/hdb to /dev/hda and then
boot by a mini linux on disk and then let lilo

Yep, if you have one.  Make sure you run the lilo thats in your LFS system,
not on your mini linux!

mkdir /mnt/lfs
mount /dev/hda /mnt/lfs
cd into the dir that holds your LFS lilo (/sbin)
run ./lilo

edit your fstab accordingly if you do this method, see the LFS book for
this.

GL!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org