Installing network drivers needs kernel source...

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Jan 13 02:15:05 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:10:43 +0000 "Leigh Gardiner"
<leighgardiner at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hmmm, don't tell me im gonna have to rebuild the kernel...

You probably don't need to.

> or should i
> just roughly re-select the options that i thought i did with make
> config??

You should always keep a backup copy of your .config file to be able to
reproduce your settings.
The driver will probably not care about most of your settings, so you
should be fine by just making sure the essentials (such as the processor)
are configured properly.

MSB

--
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org