problems with installing bash-2.05a under chroot

Thomas Heimroth tchino at gmx.de
Mon Jan 13 02:57:05 PST 2003

I want to install an lfs system 4.0:

The error message is after execute the line

./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin

[...]
checking shared object configuration for loadable builtins... supported
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating builtins/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: builtins/Makefile.in

What is wrong here?

And an other short question? When I have installed the whole package under
the chroot-environment, can I removed the whole directory of the package,
when nothing goes wrong?

The reason is, that I have only 1,5 GB place, and at the compiling of perl,
it comes the message, that not enough disc-space exists.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org