Installing network drivers needs kernel source...

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 23:10:43 PST 2003

When i compiled the LFS kernel, i sort of deleted the source after i was
done and had booted in fine, only to realise i need it...
I'm trying to compile some nic modules, but after putting the kernel source
back in to /usr/src/linux-2.1.19, its after my configs that i originally did
to the kernel:

Makefile:142: *** Linux kernel source not configured - missing version.h.
Stop.

hmmm, don't tell me im gonna have to rebuild the kernel...or should i just
roughly re-select the options that i thought i did with make config?? or
will i need to reselect options then build the kernel and chuck the new one
in /boot?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org