Done with LFS, but a question before I go on to BLFS...

Andrew Davis andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
Sun Jan 12 19:00:11 PST 2003

First off, I just completed a walk through of the LFS 4.0 install and am
pleased to have a nice, minimal Linux system. I am very Linux
knowledgable, but have always been frustrated with distro changes (RH &
KDE for example) and being forced to install packages I don't want. I
much prefer the idea of starting with just the base, necessary items,
then adding my X env, Window Manager, etc. I am very pleased with the
LFS 4.0 how-to and am looking forward to the BLFS stuff.

So with that said, I now have a Linux system within a Linux system, if
you will. My tower has RH 8 on it, and the LFS install inside an 8Gb
volume of that. Before I move on to the BLFS stuff, I'd be very
interested in taking my current LFS install and putting it on a CD that
I could then use to re-install my tower... getting rid of all the RH
crap, choosing my partitions, etc. Is this easily doable? Has anyone
written any solid documentation on it? I'd be very interested in taking
my base install, putting it onto a CD, and being able to use it to
install other machines... maybe an LFS install program or something...

Thought, suggestions, or ideas??? :)
--
Andrew Davis, Founder
SoCalLinuxSolutions
andrew at socallinuxsolutions.com
760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org