optimization flags

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Sun Jan 12 16:40:50 PST 2003

The book refers to some packages as "behaving badly" with certain optimization
flags.  I have only built LFS with default settings, and I am wondering if
optimizing some packages and not others can cause problems.

Also, has anyone ever compiled a resource of packages that respond well/don't
respond well to optimization?  Something like:

Package        CFLAG        Tolerance
foo            march        no good
               mcpu         ok
bar            march        ok
               mcpu         *DO NOT USE*

If someone should endeavor to experiment with this, what are the most used
CFLAGS options (besides arch and cpu) to test?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org