[newbie] when to delete? (chapter 6)

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at sapo.pt
Sun Jan 12 14:53:29 PST 2003

""Blender"" <blender at hotfusion.org> wrote:
> But I'm already working in chapter 6... so I'm already building the
dynamic
> versions...
>
> BTW, is there a quicker way to
> bzcat xyz.tar.bz2 | tar -xv
> all packages at once? Right now I'm untarring each package separately and
> I've got the feeling there's an easier way :)

Yes, yes, yes! :)

Try 'tar xvjf package.tar.bz2'
As for all packages at once - well, just keep on doing that way. It's safer.
Then learn about how tar works, and bash, and etc... you know.

On a side note, let me tell you two things.
 - Don't start new threads as replies to other posts.
 - Don't 'top answer'; First quote the original, then write your reply
bellow.
These are just netiquette.
Thank you.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org