Access to the news server

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at neutronstar.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 12:58:43 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 19:20, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> tony at neutronstar.fsnet.co.uk ("S. Anthony Sequeira") writes:

> > > Yes, that's the only way I read the ml's.  I'll test it with pan right
> > > now.
> > >
> > > Billy
> >
> > Thanks.  Waiting with bated breath!
>
> Ok, pan 0.11.2 works fine, you can see a test article I posted on
> lfs.test.  Can you telnet linuxfromscratch.org 119 and just QUIT right
> away to see if that works?

I didn't have to quit.  First off it was incredibly slow, and then

$ telnet news.linuxfromscratch.org 119
Trying 66.11.168.23...
Connected to linuxfromscratch.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 quasar.highos.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.3 ready (posting
ok).
503 Timeout after 10 seconds, closing connection.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Looks like a DNS problem to me.  I'll chase it up later.  Cheers

> Billy

Tony
--
S. A. Sequeira