strange problem(s) - hardware related?

Jim Gifford jim at jg555.com
Sat Jan 11 10:59:55 PST 2003

This is a known problem. Here is what I found during my research of the Via
chipset a few weeks ago.

http://lkml.org/archive/2002/3/30/
Message #58 Kernel 2.4.17 with VT8367  [KT266] crash on heavy ide load.

http://www.stunet.tu-freiberg.de/~hypermail/lkml/2002/03/6008.html

"Dario Birtic" <dariobirtic at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:20030111133517.2971814d.dariobirtic at gmx.net...
> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:30:29 +0000 (UTC)
> lfs at fambinsted.demon.nl (Tim Binsted) wrote:
>
> > I have had a similar problem (not just LFS related but also with SuSE
and
> > Linus kernels. What hardware are you using. I have a very old Athlon
650, one

> Elitegroup K7VTA3 V2.0 PCB
> - VIA KT266 chipset North & VIA 8233 chipset South
> AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (5000 RPM Fan, Silver thermal paste)
> - Palomino
>
> other hardware are irrelevant, because I changed it so many times I
> lost count, with only the two of mentioned remaining the same.
>
> > I have actually found the errors and posted the errors to the IDE teams.
As

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org