strange problem(s) - hardware related?

Dario Birtic dariobirtic at gmx.net
Sat Jan 11 03:21:58 PST 2003

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:07:43 +0000 (UTC)
thomas.de.roo at hccnet.nl (Thomas de Roo) wrote:

> Looking at this, I guess you have lm_sensors installed. Maybe you can write a
> little script that continuously does something like sensors > sensors.log,
> and then start the lockup-program. It might give you some insight in how the
> hardware is under (to) high load...

	I walk that road already, I am afraid. Under high load, voltages
fluctuates very mildly (under 3%), CPU temperature is never above 54
degrees celsius, fans are roaming ... Anyways, as I read somewhere,
faulty PSU can also cause this kind of problems so I changed it. Now it
is 430W brand-name PSU. But, as I said, M$ XP worked just fine for days
uptime, without a glich, even with "old" no-name 300W PSU. Damn it :)

	Thanks anyway :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org